I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 1:19-20)
God has made tremendous power available for everyone that believes. This power is already available and awaiting activation by sons of God. The power we are talking about is designed to work in every aspect of the life of believers. Unfortunately, many citizens of the kingdom do not appear to understand that this key of the kingdom is at their disposal, hence, they live a life of lack, frustration and defeat while God keeps wondering when His children will gain knowledge and understanding to deploy the resources of the kingdom.
It is impossible to exercise the authority/power delegated to us when live outside God’s authority. Jesus never did anything outside the authority of His Father, In John 5:30, Jesus said, “I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will”. If we want to walk in the power of God we must submit totally to Him. We must recognize that we do not belong to ourselves because we have been bought with a price. John 8:36 says, “I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won’t. For I say only what I have heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful”
Many people are not making progress because they do not refrain their mouth from speaking evil. Jesus spoke only what he heard his father speak, he made sure he was totally obedient to the word. Until we submit ourselves foolishly to the word we won’t walk in the authority and power of God. Many people are too smart for God but until they become foolish, there is nothing that God can do.
We become rebellious every time we fail to listen and submit to God and God hates rebellion and rejects rebellious people. 1 Sam 15:23, “Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshipping idols. So because you have rejected the command of the Lord, He has rejected you as king” Rebellion can be at the family level, departmental level, church level, etc. we become rebellious anytime we refuse to submit to the authority that God has placed over us. This accounts for why the prayers of many are not ascending to the throne of the king making life difficult for many believers. Other reasons why many are not manifesting the incredible greatness of the power of God are:
- Sin: Sin is a hindrance to walking completely in the power of God. The lord says that if we confess our sins, he is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Sin gives Satan the legal right and authority over our lives. God knows that we can make mistakes so He provided the blood of Jesus for cleansing when we miss the mark. However, we are not permitted to live a habitual life of sin. Otherwise, we provide a basis for Satan to rule in our lives and frustrate the power of God at our disposal.
In John 14:30, Jesus said, “I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me” Anyone of us that can boldly declare this is nearer to walking in the power and authority of God.
- Ignorance: Many Christians are ignorant and have no desire for knowledge and understanding. It takes knowledge to know who you are and what power God has put at your disposal as a son. Unfortunately, many believers appear uninterested in knowledge. They prefer what their pastors or GOs tell ten as opposed to knowing God for themselves based on the word. No wonder the Bible says in Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for me; because you have forgotten the law of your God, I too will forget your children” Knowledge is key to walking in the power and authority of God.
- Unbelief: Unbelief does not allow us to walk in God’s power. We must believe the word of God because he is able and willing to do all things. Hebrews 3:1-2 says, “Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God” We distance ourselves from God and His incredible power when we develop an evil heart of unbelief. Even Jesus was not able to do great miracles because of the unbelief of the people. Matthew 13:58
We must search our hearts to ensure there is no evil heart of unbelief.
- Fear: Many believers are so paralyzed by fear that they barely take a bold step towards fulfilling what God has put in their hearts. The Bible tells us that the righteous is as bold as a lion and God has not given us a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind. A fearful heart cannot fulfil the purpose of God. In fact, a fearful heart is a candidate for hell fire. Revelation 21:8. We must decisively deal with anything that introduces fear into our lives. This is critical to walking in the power and authority of God.
- Prayerlessness: Another thing that does not bring the power of God in our life is prayerlessness. In Luke 18:1, Jesus said, “Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart”. We must always pray and never give up. It is important to pray but we must also pray based on knowledge and understanding as we have always been taught in Living Waters.
God bless you